Sunday, February 17, 2008

Revisions, revisions, revisions!!!

Or...I need to take a break!

As Pam mentioned, we have agreed to a major revision to a pivotal component of Madelaine. In my initial enthusiasm, I thought it would only have to start from Chapter 9. Boy was I wrong!

This has necessitated a return to the very beginning and a careful review of each Chapter to ensure the set up and flow will all tie in to the upcoming change in Chapter 9. I began this daunting task about 9 this morning, and have been pretty much working straight through. Progress? I have just completed Chapter Two! They may just be small changes, but as a reader, I often find myself questioning if something in a story just doesn't add up.

The effort is showing me some writing changes I will probably make when starting a new novel. For instance it would have been helpful to maintain a chapter summary as we went along, and where characters are introduced. Well, this first serious attempt at writing certainly has its learning curve, but I'm not discouraged.

I may be back later, so cheers for now!

Liz

No comments:

Popular Posts Viewed This Week