Sunday, October 18, 2009

What's In a Week?

Seven days of vacation time, that’s what!   But as always, the time speeds by far too quickly and here it is once again…Sunday evening.

For the most part the weather was great, cold but sunny and mostly dry.  Although flurries were seen on Thursday – go AWAY! Drove up through the Peterborough area at the latter part of the week enjoying the colourful wardrobe the trees are proudly displaying. Definitely a favourite time of year.

I’m currently reading “The Pillars of the Earth” by Ken Follett and am about halfway through its 900+ pages…what a terrific tale! And I see that it is being filmed for an 8 hour mini series – so I must certainly finish the book before that comes out!  Reminiscent of Sarum by Edward Rutherfurd. My plan had been to finish it this week, but you know how that goes….. And I also have a tower of books waiting to be read – oh so many books, so little time.

A few pages of Body Perfect have been revised – the challenge is to add some more description so that the story is “more show and less tell”.  As well as dialoguing out loud.  That’s become very important to round out the characters and help me feel at home in their skins. And the character of Dorothy Del Rio is one I am very much taken with – perhaps an alter ego?

I’m still enjoying my new wheels and took it for a car wash this morning; all nice and shiny once again. But like me, it will need to return to the regular Monday – Friday routine tomorrow morning.

Hope your week is a good one!

Cheers!

Liz

No comments:

Popular Posts Viewed This Week