Sunday, July 10, 2011

COUNTDOWN!

It has been almost two months since I blogged but my intrepid writing partner Liz has taken up the slack. I have been in a funk for a while and could not settle to writing. I think I am over the hump now as we had a terrific day yesterday as Liz has mentioned. We agreed on lots of new ideas and direction of how we will finish our second book.

The next phase or “chapter” in my life is only three weeks away so I will certainly have the time to devote to writing. I should be ecstatic that the day is almost here after working for 50 years, bar the three years when my children were babies, but I am not, and I don’t know why. I hate the word retire as it conjures up some old lady images to me. Don’t say it!
 

I have been taking trips down memory lane and been on a nostalgia bent for a while so now I have to get a grip and start enjoying my family and friends more. I assume, like all change, that I will go through a period of adjustment. My husband is probably shaking in his shoes wondering what jobs I have in store for him.

Saying goodbye to my colleagues at work will be hard as after 10 years many of them are friends. For the last year I have been writing short profiles on many of the staff for a Diversity project and in that way I really got to know them well. I hope it has honed my skills at interviewing to assist me in my writing.

Our car gave up the ghost this weekend and I am scrambling to get a ride with a friend from work until we buy a new car. My husband and I are both procrastinators so we have put off looking, but of course now we are forced to. I know, many people do without cars. My sisters do not drive and either take the bus or ride a bike but where we live here in Canada it is almost impossible to do anything without one. Definitely a car is a necessary evil. I hope I can get my gas out before the car is towed to the junk yard. I had just filled up with $60.00 before the steering went and some awful noise came from the engine.
 

Well that’s enough whining. I have my health and lots to be thankful for and if Liz and I put our minds to it we will see our books in print in the near future.

Talk soon,
Slainte,
Pam

No comments:

Popular Posts Viewed This Week