Monday, September 19, 2011

The cart before the horse!

I just love autumn. Cool nights but amazing sunny days. The trees are just starting to turn, but very slowly this year. I like fall clothes and making soup and stews and the new shows on TV will get a critique as to whether I will waste my time watching or not. The new books are in the stores and libraries and authors are on book tours.

Liz emailed last night to say she was finished with the revisions for draft three. Yipee! but, it seems writers are never satisfied with their work, nor should they be, so another read through for typo's or anything that is glaringly awful and then it is off to the printers and I will send out some query letters. We have a few readers lined up to give some much needed critiques.

I still can't get used to the fact that when I get up in the morning I don't have to go to work. I still read the paper with my breakfast and then..... I have to think about what day it is. I finish cleaning up by 9am and the kettle is on again for another coffee. I could weed the garden or wash windows but that does not appeal to me. I maybe need a dog to walk or take up swimming. Last week I did start an evening course at the local college. So the next fourteen weeks every Wednesday night from 7-10pm I will be learning "Crafting a novel". I always did put the cart before the horse. So, better get my homework done now that I am back in school.

Talk later.
Slainte,

Pam

No comments:

Popular Posts Viewed This Week