Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Technical Problems are Temporary - Please Stand By

Yesterday I planned to come home after work, put finishing touches on Body Perfect and then ship it off to have some bound copies printed up.  


Well, things didn't go exactly as planned.  Instead of sending printing electronically to Staples, I had to physically visit Staples and buy a new PC!   The dreaded blue screen of death finally became permanent yesterday.  


So now I am adjusting to a new computer - Windows 7 - and keyboard (not sure I'm in love with the keyboard, too reminiscent of a laptop  keyboard and I'm not a fan of those.  And now I am attempting to get my Office Suite 2007 re-installed, but having some problems there as well. 


And, oh...just to make it even more fun, the flash drive where I keep ALL of my writing, plus other important documents,  won't register on this new computer.   Ask me how panicky that makes me feel!


I have a couple of tricks up my sleeve to try before I end up having to upgrade to Office 2010 just to get back in business.  Fortunately, I store very little on my actual computer, aside from some computer games, so I should be able to restore things, IF my plans work out!


Enjoyed a much too brief coffee break with Pam today; she stopped by work this morning.  Attending a writing class and actively networking are agreeing with her!  More excitement in her step and I dare say she looks as if a few years have disappeared!  Have to admit she did pale considerable when I had to 'fess up about the problems with the flash drive!


So stay tuned for updates and I'll do my best to be back in business as soon as possible!


Cheers!


Liz

No comments:

Popular Posts Viewed This Week