Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lovin’ it!

Six months into retirement and I am lovin’ it. I fought it, whined about it and trod very slowly with the idea of being home each and every day with my beloved. We still have a few kinks to work out but on the whole have reached a place where we each have our own space to work and now when we get together we actually listen to the other. We were always too busy and after forty five years we had stopped listening. Now over a leisurely breakfast reading the papers, (yes we still get two newspapers) we discuss the state of the world. We don’t solve any of these problems but just talking about them makes some of them appear to be not such a big deal anyway.

My husband supports my writing and that’s important to me and he is also a good editor. An artist of pencil drawings and portraits he did one of me years ago.... I haven’t changed a bit! And I don’t smoke. Really!!

The picture is not in a jpg format so.... help!!! I will try later.

As Liz mentioned in her last post we are quite gung ho about things happening this year. We are now members of Crime Writers of Canada http://crimewriterscanada.com/ or associates until we are published. Looking forward to the support of this super organization.

On my agenda today is some research and plodding along with a line edit before we enter a couple of contests for first manuscripts. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Lots of snow yesterday but the sun has been out all day and it is melting away. All the better for driving to meet Liz tomorrow at the office. I suppose she wants to show off her new net-book. The one that she can stick in her handbag. Such a braggart! But seriously it will help us put a few things together as her fingers fairly fly over the keys while I am still a two finger typist. I have other talents but that is for another post!

Talk soon,

Slainte,

Pam

No comments:

Popular Posts Viewed This Week